Last modified: October 28, 2019
iApartments, LLC, a Florida limited liability company (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the iApartments app (the “App”), when you register with, access or use the website portal available at www.iApts.com (the “Site”), and when you use the services offered through the App or Site.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the App, on the Site and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App or Site.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, such as information that you provide to your landlord or to housekeeping, pet walking, grocery delivery or other services provided by third parties. (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our other websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App and Site are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App and Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App or Site.
- Automatically from various devices, such as the hub, locks, thermostats, leak detectors, voice-activated devices, light switches or any other device that is used, controlled, or monitored by, us to provide our services.
- From your landlord or the property management company.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the App or Site, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App or Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App or Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App or Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App or Site.
- Your search queries on the App or Site.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the App or Site (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App or Site, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App or Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App or Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App or Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer or device and its internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App or Site also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The App and Site collect real-time information about the location of your device or computer.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Site and do not download the App or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer, smartphone and/or browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App or Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App, the Site or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device or computer manufacturer.
- Your mobile service or internet service provider.
- Your Landlord or your property management company.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App or Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App, the Site and their respective contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App or Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though them.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App and Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App or Site.
We use location information we collect to identify the region where you are you are using the App and Site to provide a more personalized experience.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- If you are a tenant, we may share information with your landlord or property management company. Examples of information that may be shared with your landlord or property management company include, but are not limited to, information regarding the hub, temperature settings, locks, monitors, sensors or any other device that is used, controlled, or monitored by, us to provide our services.
- If you have a roommate, we may share information with your roommate, such as temperature control changes, lock/unlock events, and security settings.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App and Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App or Site to collect and use real-time information about your device’s or computer’s location through the device’s or computer’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App or Site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us a email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App or Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App or Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App or Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App or Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App and Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.